Thursday 21 July 2011

My Top 5 MAC Brushes for Beginners.

My Top 5 MAC Brushes for Beginners.




                                                                                       187 109 217 224 263

Hi guys, this is a quick post about brushes I personally think would be a big help towards people who need, want advise about choosing MAC brushes. If I was going to MAC and had to choose 5 MAC brushes for beginners, these brushes I would pick, as these are all the brushes you need to make you makeup look professional. These brushes are expensive but these brushes have amazing quality and will last you for years.
Starting with the MAC 187

This brush can be used for foundation, creams and powders. This brush has duo fibre, circle head which allows you to blend colour beautifully into the skin and gives you a light application which allows you to build texture to the skin. I love using this brush for a light foundation as it gives you an airbrush effect and like your foundation is second skin. I also love applying blush with this brush as gives you a sheer amount of colour which is perfect if you don't like loads of colour on your cheeks. It is made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres which is perfect for blending.




MAC 109

This brush is amazing for foundation, contour, blush, highlight and powder. You could do your whole face with this brush!. If I forgot my MAC tool belt with all my brushes and had 2 of these brushes I could do my whole face routine. If I was new to makeup brushes, I would seriously buy this brush, as you can do so much with this brush. It’s one of my favourite makeup brushes that I have ever own or used. I seriously can't stop recommending it.


MAC 224

I love, love, love this brush! Since the very first day I bought this brush I haven't stopped using it. It’s amazing for blending out eye shadow, pigments, gels, colour bases and my favourite job for this brush is concealer. When you look at this brush you don't really think of a thick concealer brush, or a brush being about to blend a concealer but it blends concealers flawlessly. I love this brush for blending out my mac concealers (pro long wear, moisture cover and studio fix) Even studio fix being a thick concealer it blends it perfectly and makes your concealer like second skin. I always like to blend out harsh eye shadow with this brush, and it’s amazing for applying under eye powder to set your concealer. I seriously recommend everyone this brush for concealer and blending out eye shadows.




MAC 217

As you know this brush is very well known for blending colours/harsh eye shadow lines, and applying eye shadows/pigments/colour bases/gels/creams on the eyelids. I love this brush, I wish I had bought this brush first, because you can do your whole eye with this one brush. I apply one eyeshadow in the crease with the (MAC 222) and blend the colour out with brush and then apply a lighter colour the crease and still blend out the harsh lines. Its also great for applying an all over colour on the eyelids and the flipping the brush over and apply a dark in the crease if your in a rush. This brush is one of my favorite brushes out of my whole MAC collection as it makes your eye shadows look like a professional has done it for you . If you need a brush for blending this is the brush for you.



MAC 263

This brush can be used for eyeliner (eye shadow/fluid line/liquid/gel/pencil) and can be used to do eyebrows (wax/eye shadow/gel/liquid). I personal use this everyday for my eyebrows as I have fair eyebrows and need to fill them in. And when I have done that, I clean the brush with a makeup wipe and use it for my gel/fluid line eyeliner. If you want an eyeliner/eyebrow brush this is your brush!



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the post. I do not own any yet, but this was a nice reference.

    ReplyDelete