Wednesday 22 February 2012

My New Dressing Table and Set Up

My New Dressing Table and Set Up


Hi guys just a quick post to show you my new makeup station. I won’t show my old one, because it was just embarrassing. I love, love, love my new set up and wanted to share it with you guys. I have wanted this dressing table for so long, and I even wanted it so badly I actually made a Christmas wish list with this in it, and my amazing dad saw it and he went to IKEA and got it for me. Every time I went into IKEA I saw this and fell in love, I have been searching for a new dressing table for such a long time, and finally have found it and own it. It’s called Hemnes Dressing Table, it has a glass top which is great as my old one didn’t and had loads of marks and discolouration on the surface. There use to be two designs from the Hemnes Collection, one which has three drawers underneath it but I felt it was too high for me; it would be great if I was using it for standing up but I knew I would be sitting down while I do my makeup, but sadly that one has been discontinued now but the one which is available that I picked was perfect as it was low, but was high enough for my lighting.
           
In the 1st drawer which in on the dressing table it has my Toner and my Cleansing Lotion in it, with some back up makeup wipes. Just items I need to use before I go to bed and need to make sure all my makeup is removed and clean.


 In 2nd drawer it just has makeup removers in it, same as first drawer just items to remove makeup befire I go to bed, or need to remove makeup in gereal. I usually have cotton pads in there as well, but they now live on top of that drawer as you can see in picture.


In the hidden drawer which is my favourite key feature of this makeup dressing table, as it has the perfect amount of space of my everyday makeup routine. I like to organise my makeup (as you will see with photos) and I was able to find clear plastic drawer organisers that fit perfectly in there (it's also from IKEA). 


Lips (Left)



Face (Middle)


 Eyes (Right)

 


In My Tower of Drawers




My dad also got me this tower of drawers as I've never really had enough room for all of my makeup so these drawers I thought it would be perfect and I thought it was a quite good match to my dressing table. It has 9 drawers (5 small and 4 large). In each drawer I have have organised it so everything is together (e.g my eye shadow palettes together, my skin prep and prime together and my foundations together). There is tones of room left in my drawers and some of them are empty because I've organised all of my stuff together, which is perfect as my collection will only get bigger because I love makeup. So the photos I show you will be examples of how I've organised my makeup and what I've used to organise it. This is not a collection post but I will soon.
As you can see I also have my MAC Zuca on the right hand side of my dressing table, that also has makeup in it. But I will make a separate post about that, as I store a lot of my makeup in it and I always use it when I'm out or when I travel.

Examples of Drawers


Foundations


Some of my eyeshadow palettes:

Perfumes
 


Just to show you some of my ''Everyday/Most reached for Perfumes'' I have kept them on top of my makeup tower as they look pretty and kept with the theme of my room. And when I'm getting ready its easy to grab a perfume and go. My other perfumes are on a shelf in my room and there my more expenvive ones or ones I use on rare, special occassions, but my collection is getting stupid and I need to stop buying lol.

 
Clear Storage

I got all  of the clear storage I used in my dressing table and makeup tower also from ikea its
called GODMORGON collection, I have all of these in my Makeup Tower and in my Dressing table hidden
 drawer to orgainse my makeup. I will be getting more and I will also get some acrlyic lipstick holders from eBay (I will make a post of them, when I get them) to orgainse my lipsticks.



Hope you liked this little blog post.

Hope you like my new set up and it will be changing all the time, but I will make regualr updates with photos etc. Will defo do an review on the dressing table and tower.


Any questions, please feel free to comment

xoxo
Danni 


All these items were 100% paid by myself; no company has sent me these items. And this review is truly my own thoughts and feeling.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely dressing table, it looks so feminine and elegant. I bet its lovely to get ready there every day :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful dressing table it is. Really I just love your dressing table as it looks so delicate and beautiful. It is well decorated by makeup kits.


    dressing table

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, It such a great design in the tables. It look so beautiful with it style, colours and storages designs.This type of dressing table are so delicate and very useful furniture example.

    Dining Table Pads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dressing table look beautiful, you really have a great taste for decoration! Fire Engine Kids Bed

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks great! And so much brighter with the white.CHEAP BED LONDON

    ReplyDelete
  6. where is the drawer from? and it's name please?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey where's the draws from ?

    ReplyDelete