Sunday 8 April 2012

L'Oreal Paris Infallible Foundation Mini Review




L'Oreal Paris Infallible Foundation Mini Review




 Hi Guys!! I'm currently on the quest for the perfect foundation, if you have been following my blog you would know I'm always searching for the best foundation, or the best one for my pale skin (as it's always difficult finding a good coverage, pale and affordable foundation).. And because of this I now own 31 foundations. But saying that I went into boots and saw that they had 3 for 2 offer and I couldn't resist buying this foundation.

When I saw this foundation, I went straight for the palest shade with yellow undertones. Which is shade 15 Porcelain and in fairness I thought it was a great colour match for my skin, as every foundation I own I have to always blend it don't my neck but with this foundation I didn't need too, because when I did a cheek test it was really good match and I then realised it had a scent, I LOVE scented foundations but not everyone does, it has a light floral scent. It does start a bit strong but quickly fades away and there is none of the heavy chemical stench of Colour Stay. The formula of this foundation is thick but not as thick and unforgiving as the Colour Stay too so you have more time to blend it. If you are looking for really full coverage then Colour Stay will win out. I would call this medium but buildable foundation.I would recommend using your fingers to blend this foundation in for your 1st application so you get a feel of what brush you think is best. I have used this foundation with a Sigma F82 and MAC 109 and looks beautiful both ways.




Now the main reason I bought this foundation is because it said on the bottle “Long-Lasting Perfecting Foundation” with 16 hour wear and “Fights the signs of makeup meltdown Anti-Transfer + Anti-Mask Effect”. 16 hour wear? Yes on the rest of my face but regular readers will not be shocked to know that after about 6 hours it’s begun to break down on my nose requiring a hefty dose of powder to even things out again. Though oddly, because it isn’t as heavy as Colour Stay, it isn’t as noticeable when it starts breaking down as the naked patch isn't as apparent.




In fairness to this foundation, I really like the pump, you can really control the amount of foundation you want with this pump. To do my whole face I need two pumps and that includes a little going down my neck (for discolouration not because this foundation is to dark/yellow). 




Over all :

Pros :
  • Coverage - Medium
  • Fragrance - Floral
  • Colour - Matches my skin tone really nicely
  • Has SPF 15
  • 30ml of product
  • Gives you a really nice glow for a few hours (before it starts to break down)

Cons :
  • Price for a ''Drug Store'' foundation is a little high (so buy if there is an offer on, because there are cheaper out there).
  • Doesn't Last 16+ Hours like it states.
  • Does Transfer on clothes (when states it doesn't)
  • Shows all your dry spots on face if you DON'T moisturise

Me Wearing L'Oreal Paris Infallible Foundation




As you can see it looks like skin and a really good match to my neck, which is so differcult to find.



I would mark this foundation 4 out of 5




Hope this post helps.

Danni

xoxo

I bought this foundation 100% out of my own money, no company has sent the this item to review.

1 comment:

  1. I think I'll give this a go. I usually use Max Factor Lasting Performance in Fair but it is becoming really hard to find in Ireland. Ridiculous as we are the palest nation on earth! But the Loreal one sounds really pale too, so I'm hoping it is stocked here in Dublin. My colouring is Snow White.....dark hair and white skin. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete