Wednesday 13 July 2011

My Top 5 MAC Eye Brushes For Beginners

Top 5 MAC Eye Brushes For Starter Kit!


                                    263 239 217 222 224
Hi guys, just a quick post. I was going through my MAC brushes and it made me think, if I new to MAC brushes, what brushes would I of picked and what brushes do I use instead of the ones that I own. When I got into MAC, I randomly picked brushes, didn't ask for any advise and didn't do any history to what brush I needed or wanted. At the time I was to excited to think of what brush I needed and more which one looked the best.  Now after years of owning MAC brushes, I thought if I was new to MAC I wish that someone told me what brushes are best and why I needed them.
So this post is simply about MAC eyeshadow brushes, and if I was to pick my top 5, these would be them. Each brush that I use has at least 3 uses to them, and I use them every single day when I do makeup.

Starting with the MAC 263

This brush can be used for eyeliner (eye shadow/fluid line/liquid/gel/pencil) and can be used to do eyebrows (wax/eye shadow/gel/liquid). I personal use this everyday for my eyebrows as I have fair eyebrows and need to fill them in. And when I have done that, I clean the brush with a makeup wipe and use it for my gel/fluid line eyeliner. If you want an eyeliner/eyebrow brush this is your brush!





MAC 239

This brush is well known for ''packing'' on colour on the eyelids and for highlight. I use this brush to pack liquid/cream/gel/pigments/eye shadows on my eye lids, I also turn the brush on the other side and use this brush for a highlight (in the inner corner of the eye and the brow bone). I personally love packaging wet pigments with this brush and then using the other side for the dry pigment as the colour really pops!! If you need a brush for packing on colour trust me this brush is amazing!



MAC 217

This brush is very well known for blending colours/harsh eye shadow lines, and applying eye shadows/pigments/colour bases/gels/creams on the eyelids. I love this brush, I wish I had bought this brush first, because you can do your whole eye with this one brush. I apply one eyeshadow in the crease with the (MAC 222) and blend the colour out with brush and then apply a lighter colour the crease and still blend out the harsh lines. Its also great for applying an all over colour on the eyelids and the flipping the brush over and apply a dark in the crease if your in a rush. This brush is one of my favorite brushes out of my whole MAC collection as it makes your eye shadows look like a professional has done it for you . If you need a brush for blending this is your best friend!



MAC 222

This brush is amazing for applying darker colours in your crease, I love this brush its one of my favorite crease brushes I have ever used!. It blends eye shadows and colour bases beautifully. Its one of those brushes that if you were in a rush you can just take this brush for your whole eye, I perfere my MAC 117 for that job but still is good. I have even used this brush for concealer its not as good as my MAC 224 but its great for blending cos of the tapered shape. It looks a lot like the MAC 217 but because of its shape its perfect for your crease. If you need a crease brush this is your brush!.



MAC 224

I love, love, love this brush! Since the very first day I bought this brush I haven't stopped using it. It’s amazing for blending out eye shadow, pigments, gels, colour bases and my favourite job for this brush is concealer. When you look at this brush you don't really think of a thick concealer brush, or a brush being about to blend a concealer but it blends concealers flawlessly. I love this brush for blending out my mac concealers (pro long wear, moisture cover and studio fix) Even studio fix being a thick concealer it blends it perfectly and makes your concealer like second skin. I always like to blend out harsh eye shadow with this brush, and it’s amazing for applying under eye powder to set your concealer. I seriously recommend everyone this brush for concealer and blending!!



Hope you liked this post

Post below whats your 5 favorite eye brushes :)

Danni

xoxo

If interested I am going to do My Top 5 MAC Fave Brushes for Beginners and My Top 5 MAC Brushes. Let me know your thoughts.


3 comments:

  1. This was very helpful, thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

  2. I am looking few tips off makeup & got some useful tips from this post. Thanks for sharing for Eye Base accessories etc.

    Best kabuki brush & Best eyeshadow brushes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great makeup brushes products, nice post and great collection of brushes. Thanks for sharing!

    If you have time, you can also visit this website: http://blushies.com/

    ReplyDelete