Sunday 17 November 2013

Elf HD Blush Swatches and 1st Impression / Mini Review

ELF HD Blush Swatches and 1st Impression 

Hi guys doing a quick review, first impessions/thoughts about these ELF HD blushes

ELF is very new to me, I've seen it online but never bought there products due to the fact they were USA based and very cheap and thought it was to good to be true, as in the past cheap products meant cheap quaitly. I've been so wrong and so glad I bought these now!! And i think you should invest in these products.

Elf HD blushes are new to the website/store after reading reviews a lot of people are calling these dupes to Makeup forever HD blushes, the packaging, pump and the style have been made look very similar.  Unfortunately I dont have any Makeup forever blushes to compare them to, due to the fact we don't have any where in the UK to buy them but with all the reviews and videos I've seen I actually don't feel the need to buy the makeup forever hd blushes as they are VERY expensive especially compared to the ELF hd blush price of only £3.75!!!!! when the Makeup forever ones are £28 + p&p from america very expenvive.

I've bought two shades, I only bought two shades are they are very new to myself and wasn't sure what they would be like. I love the packaging, looks very professional and sleek! Love how small they are, perfect for my makeup kit and handbag.

Great thing is that the pump gives the total confrol and your able to pump a tiny amont which is perfect due that a little goes a long way.



Headliner


Superstar

The woman in the shop in Cardiff (we are very lucky to actually have a ELF store, no more searching online) said I only needed a tiny amount and shes right. As you can see from the picture below a little goes a long way. The colours in the picture are the 'most natural' shades Headliner and Superstar as I said before I wasn't sure what they were going to be like so bought colours to test on myself before buying the whole collection. They are so pigmented they lasted all day and even stained my skin. I personally liked that due to the fact they are a cream based blusher and I feel a lot of cream products don't last all day without powdering or setting into place. 

I didn't set my blushes into place, as I was reviewing them and wanted to see how long they lasted and how much I needed to apply.



Left - Headliner

Right - Superstar


You get 10ml of products with is a lot for such a small packaging. Especially the fact that a lot of foundations are 30ml.

What did ELF say about this prouct?

Rich and creamy HD Blush naturally sculpts and highlights the cheekbones for a soft-focus effect that is great for everyday use.

Do I agee? 

Yes!! they are super creamy with a dewy finish, there not matte. Since buying them I have used them everyday and I honestly love them, they have replaced my MAC cream blushes.

Would I repuchase them?

YES!! the price, packaging and the quatlty pigmentation, why wouldn't I??


How does it look on the skin?

This photo is with an iPhone:




No flash, just natural lighting. 


This photo is with my Nikon D3100 with flash.



No flash






Does it look HD?

I personally think so, in photos my cheeks look like they have colour on them, because a lot of my photos my cheeks always loose their colour and I always feel the need to apply more because of the flash.

What does HD Makeup mean?

HD means - High Defernition. High definition makeup is mostly used on people who work on films or photography, due to fact that they use artificially/ non natural lighting and companies designed a product which gives little coverage (so looks invisible) but has loads of pigmented properties. So example woman who have blusher on without it being HD would have to apply a lot more so in real life they would look silly but on camera if looks like you've applied a little amount when they have applied loads. So remember using a product with HD means it will show up more in film/photos so you don't need to apply more. 

Thank you so much for visiting, hope this helps.





Follow me on Instgram - @DanielleLoveMUA




Follow me on Twitter - @DanniLoveMakeup

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/3743818/?claim=u8fh7kdzkeg">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


2 comments:

  1. oh thanks for sharing! very interesting!
    kisses
    Maren Anita

    Guess, Moschino & Benefit GIVEAWAY:
    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review, Danielle! I've never tried ELF products but I've heard nothing but good stuff about them so I'll definitely be looking to purchase from them soon - first on my list will be these blushers ;).

    Now following you and looking forward to reading more posts from you!

    www.withloveploy.co.uk

    Ploy x

    ReplyDelete