Wednesday 30 November 2011

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation Mini Review

Illamaqua Skin Base Foundation Review






 When I got matched for this foundation, the makeup artist said I was Shade 3, when I usually NC15 in MAC so I was seriously suprised as I'm always the lightest shade. So if you can't find pale shades check out Illamaqua!!





Mini Review

 I have just started using this foundation, and I really do like it. It's really light on the skin and makes my skin look glowy and dewy which I like for winter, as I usually use matte foundations. I haven't used it for long though and I like to use a foundation at least a month before I judge it. When I went into Illamasqua I wanted to try this foundation, as I've heard such great reviews and usually it is sold out as it's brand new. But when I went I spoke to the makeup artist and she recommended this foundation for me. It's medium to full coverage but you honestly don't need a lot of product as a little goes a long way and it makes your skin look airbrushed and natural. I honestly thought that I would be the lightest shade as in MAC I am NC15 but when the woman skin checked my skin, she said I was a shade 3. So when you get this foundation ask for a foundation test to see what shade you are, as they have a huge colour range.
 
I love the packaging but I don't like the fact it doesn't have a pump, because when it runs out or on the end of running out, it's going to be very difficult getting the foundation out. When I asked the makeup artist about using a primer or setting it she said I didn't need a primer as it has silicone in it. But I have tried it with/without a primer and I personally don't see any difference between wearing one or not. And when it came to setting the foundation with a powder she said I could use anything but said a loose powder will make it look more natural.



When I appy this foundation she recommend Illamasqua highlight brush but I've been using my MAC 105 and it really buffs into the skin and makes my skin look flawless. I've noticed in photos my skin looks amazing (even when I've had bad days). As you can see from the picture the Illamasqua highlight brush looks a bit lkike the MAC 109.


What Illamasqua says:


Easily blendable, it effortlessly creates a perfect complexion, and like the entire Illamasqua foundation range, is undetectable in a professional HD environment. Suitable for all skin types, it smoothes, softens and conditions your skin whilst providing natural, buildable coverage.


 I really like this foundation, but I will do anothere post in a month's time and will let you know my thoughts and feelings about this foundation.


Hope you liked this mini review


Thanks for visiting


Danni 


xoxo

1 comment: