Sunday 27 November 2011

Maybelline Gel Eye Liner Review

Maybelline Gel Eye Liner Review


Hi guys. Just doing a small post about this Maybelline gel eyeliner, it's a fairly new product and I've been wanting to try it for a while now. I've been using it everyday for around a week and a half now and I honestly love it! I didn't really think I would as I always use my MAC fluid line, but as I fancied something new and didn't want to spend the extra money. My MAC fluidline always dries out very fast so I hope this doesn't, but we will have to wait and see (i'll keep you posted)

The Maybelline Gel Eye Liner is £7.99
(really good value for 2.8g product and a makeup brush)

MAC Fluidline 3g is £13.50


What Maybelline says:
  •   Designed to give an intense black line
  • The long-lasting gel formula means up to 24 hour hold
  • Easy to apply with the brush which is included
  • You can create different looks and intensities with this one product

For once, it actually lives up to all of these points. The staying power is incredible as I wear it everyday for work, going out and going to the gym and there is no need to set it with eyeshadow (which I do with my MAC fluidline).

 


I love the brush that comes with it. It's really nice and can also be used for a lip brush. I've washed it already and no sign of any fall out, so for a small brush it's doing well! This brush is great for making any kind of line you want, but I always do a cat eye and it's really simple to do. If you can't do eyeliner or find it difficult remember practice makes perfect and always have a makeup wipe handy for any mistakes.


When applying this eyeliner on my hand it was is creamy and is very black. Very comparable to MAC fluidline. I will do a review to compare them and see if you guys can save some money. (write a comment below if your interested to know if there comparable)



In this photo I am wearing Revlon PhotoReady Foundation (thats why I look 'washed out')



I really like how creamy this eyeliner is and the fact it comes with a FREE brush, I really hope Maybelline bring out different coloured gel eyeliners, would be nice to have a navy, violet or brown as there isn't many companies that do gel eyeliners in other colours.

Thanks for viewing

Any questions please feel free to email me. 

And check out my blog as i'm doing loads of reviews and posts.

Danni

xoxo


I bought this item with 100% of my own money. No company sent me this item or is paying me for reviewing this item.

2 comments:

  1. hey this one looks so good....lovely review

    lovely blog
    m new follower i would love if u follow back
    http://saharawans.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete