Monday 28 November 2011

Let's Get PhotoReady (Review on Revlon PhotoReady Products)

Revlon PhotoReady Review

PhotoReady Foundation
Vanilla







I know this review is a bit late, but better late than never! And to be honest I wanted to wear this foundation for a while before reviewing it. Because if you only wear a foundation for a week your not going to have the true effect of the foundation and you can't really judge it. So I've been wearing this foundation ever since I've got it, so about a month now and in fairness I honestly like it. I have been wearing it everyday and because of the weather my skin has been playing up loads, but when my skin has been ok this made my skin look beutuful and healthy. It does make your skin look really glowy and duwy.

As you can see from this photo, this foundation does wash you out. And I look very white.


I really like the packaging and I love the sanitary pump!! It's also a very controllable pump. You can get as much or as little product as you need unlike some pumps. The foundation itself seemed a little watery for a liquid foundation. But when I applied it with a stippling brush/Sigma F80 it went on pretty effortlessly. I would recommend moisturizing before using this foundation or using a primer. It will highlight dry areas. I don't find it too "glowy" or "shimmery" at all. I do find it ironic that this foundation is called PhotoReady being that it photographs terribly in my opinion. When I was taking photos, I looked very 'wash out' and white because the flash will reflect off the "light reflecting particles" in the foundation. I would call this a medium coverage foundation that is definitely buildable. I love the fact that this foundation does have an SPF of 20 in it which is a bonus. I think this foundation is totally worth a try. People seem to either love it or hate it, so you will need to try it for yourself to see if you like it or not.


 I rate this foundation 4 out of 5


PhotoReady Concealer
002 Light






I honestly like this concealer, it's seriously creamy and very bendable. It's great for under the eyes and for spot treatment. I got the lightest shade and I love it, it's now my most 'reached for' concealer. I sometimes use this as a cream highlighter, when I need a corrector for under my eyes and I got a darker shade to use as a cream contour. As we know I prefer using cream products for highlighters/contours as it looks more natural than powders and this photoready concealer is a cheap option. Or you can use this as a cream foundation as all you need to do is apply thisd to all over your face and blend it with your fingers or with a brush.

PHOTO
As you can see from this photo this concealer is really creamy and blendable


 I rate this concealer 5 out of 5



PhotoReady Compact
001 Vanilla




I love cream to powder foundations, it looks so natual but I've been really disapointed with this compact. I've heard such great reviews about this compact but I really don't know why but it doesn't do anything it's meant to. I have normal skin, I can wear everything or anything and I don't get oily at all and I rarely break out through foundations (yes i'm lucky) but this one honestly didn't do a thing for me, the packaging isn't that good, you can't get much product, the mirror is small and I used my fingers, sponge (that came with the compact) and MAC/Sigma brushes and it just made my skin look and feel horrible, didn't blend well at all even when I set it with a powder it made my skin look ashy and flaky. I honestly did not like this product, I would return it if I was allowed too. If I had a list of items I regret buying this would be one of them, really don't understand why this compact didn't work as all of the Revlon PhotoReady items I got are seriosuly good!. Let me know if you have this product and feel the same? Maybe I just have a bad one, let me know!!


I rate this foundation 0 out of 5


Thanks for viewing.

Please keep checking out my blog as doing more reviews and posts when I can.

Danni
xoxo

As always I bought these products out of my own money, no company sent me, or paying me to review these products.

No comments:

Post a Comment