Monday 27 June 2011

Sigma Brushes - Travel Kit Nice in Pink and Premium Travel Kit - Sweet in Pink Mini Review

Sigma Brushes - Travel Kit Nice in Pink and Premium Travel Kit - Sweet in Pink Mini Review.




Please see my video




Top: Sigma Premium Travel Kit - Sweet in Pink Brush Roll
Bottom: Sigma Travel Kit Nice in Pink Brush Roll



Hi guys, just a quick post. I just bought these makeup brushes and thought you guys would like to see them. I am going away soon and didn't fancy bringing all my MAC brushes and my tool belt. As it’s just me going away, I didn't feel the need to bring my kit, so looked online and saw these cute pink brushes, I love pink, and I love mini sets, and after reading the reviews, I felt like I had to get them. 

These are the bags the brush rolls come in.

When the box arrived, I was so excited. When I opened the box, the brushes are so cute, it comes in a pink bag and came with a little booklet that explained all about Sigma Makeup Brushes and what brush is best for what. If I was new to makeup brushes, personally I thought this was a great help, as it explains in great detail what the brushes are used for what. The brushes themselves came in good packaging; I was surprised as many makeup companies I have received brushes from haven’t used packaging like this. The packaging was made sure that brushes didn’t get damaged in any way (I like that a lot). 

Travel Kit Nice in Pink


Premium Travel Kit - Sweet in Pink



Each brush, has its own numbers and has the Sigma Makeup name on it, and says what its best used for.
When I opened the case I washed every individual brush, (as I usually do with any new makeup brushes. I washed them with normal baby shampoo, just normal deep cleansing, as I would if I was cleaning them).

Most of the Large Black Brushes (e.g. / Sigma F30/ Sigma F25) did have black dye run through them while washing them. But like all brushes this does happen, so after you have wash them a few times it stops and doesn't happen again.

To make sure the brushes dried and kept their shape correctly. I bought myself the Brush Guard ( in the Variety Pack as it has (1 Shadow/Liner (ex. small), 2 Blush (small), 2 Foundation (medium), 1 Powder/Kabuki (large)) As I knew the variety pack would be perfect, as the Travel Kit and the Premium Travel Kit have different size brushes.

 I will be doing a full review on these, as I have been using them for years on my MAC brushes and knew they would be perfect for these mini brushes.

I got them from:










In the Travel Kit Nice in Pink you receive:


Pink Mini Blush Roll 

(With a Pocket where you can keep makeup/free brushes in)

Sigma F30 - Large Powder Brush
Sigma F50 - Duo Fibre Brush
Sigma F40 - Large Angled Contour Brush
Sigma E55 - Eye Shading Brush
Sigma F70 - Concealer Brush
Sigma E40 - Tapered Blending Brush
Sigma E30 - Pencil Brush

FREE Sigma F60 - Foundation Brush


In the Premium Travel Kit - Sweet in Pink you receive:



Pink Mini Blush Roll 
(With a Pocket where you can keep makeup/free brushes in)

Sigma F25 - Tapered Face Brush
Sigma F15 - Duo Fibre Powder/Blush Brush 
 Sigma F65 - Large Concealer Brush
Sigma E50 - Large Fluff Brush
Sigma E45 - Small Tapered Blending Brush
Sigma E20 - Short Shader Brush
Sigma E10 - Small Eye Liner Brush

FREE Sigma E25 - Blending Brush


Here’s The Look I did with these Brushes:-





This Look, I actually did in the back of a taxi. I was running so late, I just grabbed my makeup and these brush kits and had to do it in the back of a taxi. These brushes really saved the day lol.
As I did my foundation, powder, contour, blush and eyes. All with those brushes, it really helped as when I had finished I rolled up the brush rolls and stuck them in my bag. And no one knew (other than the taxi driver ;)) that I had done my makeup in the back of a moving car.

If you’re interested in how I did this makeup look please comment and I will make a video :)


I personally really like them, I have been using them every day since I've got them, they have been  kept in my handbag, so if I ever need them I can just grab them and go. I think they are value for money and great for anyone who needs mini makeup brushes or just needs brushes themselves. They cost me $116 that includes both Sigma mini brush sets and delivery for the UK (So that’s about £73.12 for 16 brushes as each brush roll receives 1 free brush). Personally I buy MAC brushes all the time and for £73.17 that’s usually 2 brushes if I’m lucky. So anyone who uses makeup or needs more brushes, these are perfect for you. 

Good and Bad Points about these brushes:

I am very honest with my reviews. I want to be honest and fair. 

  • Value for money. Compare to my MAC brushes, these brushes have amazing quality, and are very cheap for the amount of brushes you receive.
  • What a great idea for these mini brushes to be different colours. I love this shade of pink, very girlie and pretty. (I just wish they still did the full size baby pink ones. Instead of just black)
  • Great for traveling, as you have all you need in this mini brush roll.
  • The 'blending' brushes are top fluffy (E25/E55) they will lose their shape faster.
  • The large black brushes shed, and colour runs through them whiling washing them
  • When you apply clear nail polish to protect the name/brand label it rubs the name off a bit. (so be careful when doing this)
  • The brushes sometimes go flat when in the brush roll and you need to re-shape them while in a rush.
  • The eyeliner brush (E10) is square and hard to work with (I am use cream liners with it, just more difficult than my MAC one).
  • I wish Sigma has individual travel brushes, just like they do with the full size brushes.
  • They need a small angled brush!!! I need this brush every day to fill in my eyebrows and I wish they had one. Because I use that kind of brush for eyebrows/eyeliner/shadow etc. It would be a great help if they had one
  • The pocket is a great idea as you can put makeup in it. As not many brush rolls put pockets in their brush rolls, I'm so glad Sigma thought off this.
  • I love the fact you receive 1 free brush with these brush rolls.
  • They are very easy to clean, all I do when I'm in a rush is grab my MAC brush cleanser and a baby wipe and clean them while on the go. I've done this while on my lunch break and they were mega dry by the time I started work again.
  • The magnet is a great idea as you don't have to worry about making sure it's closed properly as does it for you.
  • Customer services are great help.
  • The pink bag that it comes with is a nice touch.
  • And the booklet I think that's a great idea, as many people don't know how to use brushes and it’s a great help.


Delivery: 

When I ordered these brushes, I ordered them on Friday 3rd June, I got an email saying my brushes are being shipped to me on the Tuesday 7th June and usually U.S shipping take about 20 days to arrive to my address in the UK. I actually got them on 14th June, so it only took 8 days to be delivered.
While I was waiting for my brushes, Sigma sent me a tracking code, so track my package online, which I really liked.

 If you like these brushes
The Link is:-


I will be going to do a Full Review on these mini set of Sigma Brushes on my YouTube account. 


Hope you liked this post
Xoxo Danni

All these items were 100% paid by myself, no company has sent me these items. And this review is truly my own thoughts and feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for actually posting BOTH "sweet and pink" and "nice and pink" sets in one post. I bought both sets before "nice and pink" was removed. It was much cheaper to buy both sets than their brush roll set. I figured the two mini brush bags was better than one large one...I can pick and choose the ones I want to throw in my purse (leaving one case at home).

    I know they are not AS good as MAC quality....but I needed a new set before I established my MAC set. I put all 14 brushes in my MAC cart to see the cost. With the brush roll, it would cost $485!! OMG! I think over time, I'm going to buy a MAC brush or two every month to slowly replace them....at least the ones that are lacking. I saw another blogger who, as a part of her "haul" bought three pallets of blush! While that sounds wonderful, I know my husband would KILL me if I spent $500 of makeup in one trip!

    It was great to see all the brushes in one picture! I think you are the only blogger that did that!

    ReplyDelete